Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Confessions of a Breastfeeding Mommy

Hello, other mommies out there!

I had a baby in September last year. He's now 9 months old and I have been breastfeeding him since he was born. Personally, I enjoy it. I adore my son and always love whenever I get to sit down with him and breastfeed.

It hasn't always been easy. I've had my share of frustrations. When Mr. B won't eat, when I had to resort to pumping, when I have production issues... It has become a major part of my life and I can't imagine what will happen when I wean Little Man.

I've changed my fashion, I've changed my schedule, I've changed my diet. So much of my life has changed because of my breastfeeding my little boy. I was fortunate to have a huge amount of support in my family and my church to help me through my problems and to encourage me through all these changes.

My breastfeeding journey (at least for Mr. B) is almost over - my goal was 1 year, which is only about 2.5 months away. I have a hunch that the worst is yet to come - as he starts eating more solid food and less breastmilk, and as I get busier with all the activities and responsibilities I have, breastfeeding (or pumping) is not something I will be able to put off "for just a little longer" or I will lose my milk.

Anyway, there is a huge amount of information available on breastfeeding. Some of it is medical and some of it is traditional, a lot of it is contradictory and I wanted to create a personal repository for other breastfeeding mommies, sorting through truth and myth, sharing my experiences and what I've learned. I want to encourage all the mommies to love breastfeeding the way I have - the special bonding time with your child, the satisfaction of providing nourishment and all the other wonderful aspects of breastfeeding.

Love forever!
Mommy Midge

No comments:

Post a Comment